Books I have Written
- Presumption of Innocence vs. Assertion of Ownership April 24, 2017
- Happy Anniversary My Honey April 9, 2017
- Bridging Two Worlds: a book review April 8, 2017
- What’s Become of the American Dream? April 8, 2017
- Make Your Bed! April 4, 2017
- Beyond He or She April 3, 2017
- Is Truth Dead April 3, 2017
- Should I Be Worried? March 31, 2017
- The Man In The Box March 30, 2017
- Just Thinking: thoughts concerning: Atheism, Creation, Evolution, Intelligent Design March 29, 2017
- Sam Jankovich: The Story of a Sports Legend March 29, 2017
- Vietnam Veterans Day: Department of Body Bags… March 29, 2017
- Asking the Right Questions: March 23, 2017
- Presidential Trust–Trump’s Turn March 22, 2017
- #RESIST March 17, 2017
- Phone Calls I Don’t Like To Make March 14, 2017
- Going Back to First Principles March 12, 2017
- The Hottest New Computer Is: DNA March 10, 2017
- Can information such as movies be stuffed into DNA? March 8, 2017
- Middlebury’s Statement of Principle March 7, 2017
- How Do You Judge America March 7, 2017
- The Miracle of Freedom– The American Baseline February 28, 2017
- Relax, Trump is stone cold sane February 28, 2017
- A love affair February 26, 2017
- Flying and landing at sea February 26, 2017
- The politician and the farmer February 5, 2017
- Is what we’re witnessing in the US a slow-motion downhill slide into a coup? February 4, 2017
- "I may not agree with what you are saying, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." February 2, 2017
- Sam Jankovich–A Butte Kid Does Well January 31, 2017
- Closing In On Why Bogie Quit Talking January 26, 2017
- How can taking the life of an innocent human being be Constitutional? January 24, 2017
- Birthdays And Inaugurations January 20, 2017
- Announcing My New Book January 10, 2017
- Books Every ‘Seeker’ Should Read January 3, 2017
- Intelligent Design and the Manufacturing Process December 26, 2016
- Headlights Against the Storm–The Finest Hours December 17, 2016
- Challenging Darwinian Evolution December 15, 2016
- I Wouldn’t Have Done It That Way December 5, 2016
- A Tale Of Two Veterans Days November 23, 2016
- Crass Capitalist Marketing Campaign – Part 1 October 18, 2016
- How High Is Your Moral Bar? October 13, 2016
- On the Pressures of Doing Drugs – a note to my Grandchildren from one who has not been as pure as the driven snow. October 12, 2016
- I’m Voting With a Hope to “Keep the Republic” October 11, 2016
- Immigration & Assimilation – A Hungarian Model September 27, 2016
- The Mark of the Beast: When Information Storage Gets Under Your Skin September 20, 2016
- We’ve Been Here Before August 14, 2016
- The “Not-So-Intelligent Designer” August 5, 2016
- Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. August 3, 2016
- Hillary Clinton:” I Will Stand Up Against The Gun Lobby” August 1, 2016
- About Those Self Driving Cars, Trucks and Buses July 23, 2016
- Maybe We Should Pay More Attention To The Bible … Part 3 July 3, 2016
- Is there still a Constitutional/Conservative Republican Party? A Follow Up IMPORTANT June 23, 2016
- Ben Franklin’s ‘Apology for Printers’ June 20, 2016
- Liver Function and Its Effects June 11, 2016
- In Natural Disasters, Companies Operate Like Neighbors June 8, 2016
- Words for Today — Philippians 4:4-13 June 5, 2016
- Is America recoverable? June 3, 2016
- Some Sobering Thoughts for Memorial Day May 26, 2016
- Evolution? And The Marvel of Blood Pressure Regulation May 26, 2016
- Connecting a Few Geo-Political Dots May 24, 2016
- Am I still a Republican? Is there still a Constitutional/Conservative Republican Party? May 10, 2016
- Crass Capitalist Marketing Campaign – Part 1 May 9, 2016
- On the Pressures of Doing Drugs – a note to my Grandchildren from one who has not been as pure as the driven snow. April 26, 2016
- For You Inventors–A Mother Load of Ideas for Innovation and Invention April 7, 2016
- YOU CAN’T GO HOME AGAIN March 31, 2016
- How Jesus Christ Superstar Helps Us Appreciate Easter March 27, 2016
- The Irony of Bernie and Seattle March 27, 2016
- The Challenge of Easter – From the Wall Street Journal March 26, 2016
- Praying for “A Hedge of Protection” March 17, 2016
- Bridging Two Worlds: a book review March 13, 2016
- Censorship in Academia March 6, 2016
- Headlights Against the Storm–The Finest Hours February 23, 2016
- I am a Tea Party Patriot– revisited again February 18, 2016
- BRIDGING TWO WORLDS: A Book Report & a Friend February 9, 2016
- ISIS, the Nations and the End of the World –maybe it’s time to take the Bible seriously. February 7, 2016
- Loose Lips Sink Ships February 5, 2016
- Preparing for Dictatorship … Questions for the Younger Generations February 4, 2016
- Glenn Beck; the man with four hands February 3, 2016
- Hope–A note to myself from 1987 February 2, 2016
- Election 2016: The Possibilities are Bizarre and Frightening February 1, 2016
- GPS-less Navigation: A Study in Intelligent Design January 28, 2016
- The Refugee at My Corner January 2, 2016
- On old long syne — 2015 December 30, 2015
- What Course to Make Good 1SD? December 27, 2015
- What Ever Happened to the Men of Hawk Hill? December 24, 2015
- In Hoc Anno Domini December 24, 2015
- This Will Boggle Your Mind (Brain) November 30, 2015
- Sufficient Reason For Not Voting For Hillary Clinton November 30, 2015
- Animal Navigation November 20, 2015
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: Scientist or Ideological Propagandist? November 12, 2015
- Two Book Reports Part 2: 1944 – FDR and the Year That Changed History November 4, 2015
- Two Book Reports Part 1: Exceptional – by Dick and Liz Cheney November 4, 2015
- The Magic of Hats and the Journey of Ten September 25, 2015
- What Made America Great? A Rush Limbaugh Commentary September 25, 2015
- if you have evidence of design then surely you should be able to tell us exactly what that evidence is and what the mechanisms are that are responsible? — A dialog with a commenter at NCSE September 24, 2015
- Peace in our time: or Complicity to Genocide — the nuclear deal with Iran September 14, 2015
- 9-11-2015 September 11, 2015
- Either Modern Evolutionary Biology is Goal-Directed, or it is False! September 3, 2015
- Richard Dawkins: No moralist like an atheist moralist August 24, 2015
- Heroes August 21, 2015
- Loose Lips Sink Ships August 18, 2015
- A Spider’s Eye: Another Example of Design in Nature August 17, 2015
- Questions About Hillary’s E-Mails August 12, 2015
- Who or What Is the Designer in Intelligent Design August 12, 2015
- Our President Needs To Get Out More Often August 11, 2015
- “it’s all just a matter of line items.” – Planned Parenthood August 4, 2015
- A Glutton for Punishment –- Revisiting The National Center For Science Education (NCSE) August 4, 2015
- ‘A new set of wings’ Dr. Forrest Bird * 1921-2015 August 3, 2015
- My Pick for President in 2012 July 31, 2015
- In Defense of the VA July 29, 2015
- President Barack Obama Advocates More AIDS Deaths and Suffering in Kenya July 27, 2015
- Evolution Funding vs. Intelligent Design Funding July 23, 2015
- The Way of All Appeasement – Victor Davis Hanson July 23, 2015
- Transgender Shipmates? July 20, 2015
- Somewhat of a Hal Lindsey Grab Bag July 16, 2015
- A Nation Turns–Same Sex Marriage July 16, 2015
- Catastrophic Blunder July 16, 2015
- Step aside Hillary — predictions July 16, 2015
- The Eye – A Biological Miracle … but of what sort? July 14, 2015
- A Life Well Lived — July 13, 2015
- Good bye Thomas Jefferson — July 10, 2015
- Cruise Ships July 4, 2015
- Our Constitution – Our Morality – Our Court Decisions June 29, 2015
- A Refuge for Racists: The Democrat Party June 29, 2015
- The U.S. flag in Vietnam June 22, 2015
- There is no "try" in evolution June 15, 2015
- Europe 2015–An Overview June 11, 2015
- D-Day – 71 Years Ago Today: Hitler Youth vs. The Boy Scouts June 6, 2015
- Intellectual Dishonesty and White Privilege June 3, 2015
- Swimming Eagle June 3, 2015
- Dinosaurs, Sea Gulls and Museums June 1, 2015
- Global Warming and Dereliction of Duty June 1, 2015
- What Atheist Evolutionary Biologists Are Teaching These Days May 1, 2015
- Looking Inside A Living Cell May 1, 2015
- The Octopus: More Complex than a Simple Mollusk Should Be April 23, 2015
- Islam–Jihad … and the Ten Commandments – an update April 22, 2015
- "Cry ‘Havoc!’, and let slip the dogs of war". April 7, 2015
- What Possible Harm Could Come From Iran Having Nuclear Weapons. April 3, 2015
- Science & Faith: A Conference March 29, 2015
- Interesting People I Have Met: Cubic Defense Systems March 8, 2015
- What Design Looks Like: An NCSE Document – with comments by Don Johnson March 5, 2015
- Halsey’s Typhoon March 4, 2015
- Benjamin Netanyahu–The Speech March 4, 2015
- HITLER’: Finds Out About Brian Williams February 16, 2015
- Presidential Trust February 6, 2015
- The Crusades and Todays Islamic Push for Domination January 30, 2015
- More Evidence for Intelligent Design January 20, 2015
- Islam–Jihad … and the Ten Commandments – an update January 9, 2015
- Evidence for Intelligent Design: Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robots … Robots that Mimic Human Movement January 7, 2015
- Digital and Analog Information Housed in DNA January 1, 2015
Blogs I Follow
Top Posts & Pages
- 34,823 hits
- Africa (5)
- American Exceptionalism (37)
- Athiesm (61)
- Barack Obama (48)
- Biblical Apologetics (18)
- Biblical Prophecy and Current Events (29)
- biographies (12)
- Biographies (1)
- Blog Posts (442)
- Books (4)
- Christian Apologetics (2)
- Communism (11)
- Constitution (27)
- Crap (5)
- Culture (70)
- Current Events (14)
- Donald Trump (2)
- Education (16)
- Elections (31)
- Evolution (72)
- Faith (65)
- Fun and non-controversial (2)
- George Bush (4)
- Glenn Beck (5)
- Global Warming (2)
- Government (16)
- Government Corruption (68)
- Heroes (38)
- History – lessons (86)
- Intelligent Design (80)
- Interesting people (18)
- Islam (6)
- Islam and the Middle East (21)
- Israel (18)
- Liberty (6)
- Navy (30)
- Occupy (6)
- Propoganda (2)
- September 11 (5)
- Tea Party (18)
- Technology (5)
- Travels (3)
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: September 11Image
Some pictures of my trip back to lower Manhattan on 9-11-2015
(On the train)
I’ll admit to a bit of nervousness and fear in going into New York City dressed like this – what with the police assassinations and the threats against the American flag. Was I setting myself up as a target? When soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors returned from Vietnam, they were told not to wear their uniform else they would raise the ire of the war protestors.
Well these many years later – this is my uniform, and I decided I would not be intimidated or shamed again – so off to NYC I go.
Off the Metro North at Grand Central Station from New Haven
The main concourse at Grand Central
The new “Freedom Tower” Over the years, we watched it going up.
The new tower from the front corner of St. Paul’s Chapel. The Chapel dates back to colonial days and was undamaged by the attack even though it is right across the street from the twin towers. The chapel was used as headquarters and a retreat for the first responders and rescue workers from all over the world.
Looking out the back of the chapel towards the Trade Center.
A lovely choir, most likely from the Pennsylvania Amish country.
The always busy feet of New York.
No shortage of police. These are NYPD. I also saw New York State Police (the first time I’ve ever seen them in downtown NYC), Army/National Guard, and Port Authority police. I’ve always like the New York cops.
These pictures are at the front of the Century-21 department store. They had the whole side done up with a huge mural, and at the sidewalk people were writing messages on large rolls of paper.
New York Fire Department
Another hat like mine, only Army or Marine Corp.
I had quite a chat with this fellow. He was walking around carrying this flag so he called me over and we talked. Where ya from? I asks noticing a strong accent. Kosovo he says – been in this country 47 years.
Ziggy they call him, and he’s from up in my neck of the woods in Waterbury CT. He told me that in 1991 he spent all of his Sundays in New Haven on the Yale campus supporting our troops in the first gulf war. So nephew Mike Johnson of the 82nd Airborne – here’s a guy that was rooting for you!
These shots are of Zuccotti Park. The last time I was there, it was filled with the Occupy Wall Street crowd –Communists, Anarchists and such – and there I was among them with my American flag shirt and Vietnam Veterans hat. I like it a whole lot better this way.
Honoring the victims of 9-11-2001
From the corner of St. Paul’s Chapel looking into the chapel. If you’ve read “The Harbinger” by Jonathan Cahn, I believe this is where the Harbinger tree was uprooted.
The Harbinger tree as it was following 9-11-2001
Prayer in back of the chapel.
Flag of Honor – each victims name appears in this flag inside the chapel
Memorabilia in the form of patches and hats from police and fire departments around the world.
Don Johnson – September 11, 2015
I ran across this article the other day about the Crusades, and was astounded by what it said.
Read this snippet from 11’th Century Pope Urban II written in 1095 which authorized the First Crusade:
… invaded the lands of those Christians and has depopulated them by the sword, pillage and fire; it has led away a part of the captives into its own country, and a part it has destroyed by cruel tortures; it has either entirely destroyed the churches of God or appropriated them for the rites of its own religion. They destroy the altars, after having defiled them with their uncleanness. They circumcise the Christians, and the blood of the circumcision they either spread upon the altars or pour into the vases of the baptismal font. When they wish to torture people by a base death, they perforate their navels, and dragging forth the extremity of the intestines, bind it to a stake; then with flogging they lead the victim around until the viscera having gushed forth the victim falls prostrate upon the ground. Others they bind to a post and pierce with arrows. Others they compel to extend their necks and then, attacking them with naked swords, attempt to cut through the neck with a single blow. What shall I say of the abominable rape of the women? To speak of it is worse than to be silent. The kingdom of the Greeks is now dismembered by them and deprived of territory so vast in extent that it can not be traversed in a march of two months. On whom therefore is the labor of avenging these wrongs and of recovering this territory incumbent, if not upon you? You, upon whom above other nations God has conferred remarkable glory in arms, great courage, bodily activity, and strength to humble the hairy scalp of those who resist you.
Reading these words from 1095 is very much like reading the pages of todays news. The parallels are astounding … and indeed frightening.
Current American leadership is unable and unwilling to speak the truths that prompted Pope Urban II to action against the then existential threat of Islam as it spread its evil throughout the Middle east and North Africa and into Spain and the Balkans, and was threatening the core of Europe and what was then called Christendom – the basis of Western Civilization. And no, I don’t qualify Islam with the prefix “radical” – as Atheistic Communism and Fascism was the plague of the 20th century – Islam is … as it was in Urban’s day … the plague of the 21’st Century.
The Islamic attacks on American embassies in Africa – the attack on the USS Cole – the genocidal Islamic Arab/Muslim wars against Israel and the Jews – the September 11,2001 attacks on the US homeland prompted a courageous American President George W. Bush to react much as did Urban II did in 1095. Bush’s reaction took the battle to a part of the source of the evil – to Afghanistan and Iraq. Eleventh century Europe was threatened by the invading and conquering armies of Islam … Western and American civilization post 9/11 was, and is, threatened by Islamic nations such as Iran and non-nationalist terrorist groups such as Al Qaeda and now ISIS. Each of these groups has the potential of acquiring and using Weapons of Mass Destruction, with Iran frightenly close to fielding deliverable nuclear weapons … and with the active assistance and appeasement of US President Barack Hussein Obama.
And like Urban II and the Crusaders of old, President Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney have been vilified as the root cause of all of the problems in that vast swath of land from Pakistan to Tunisia.
Again, a snippet from the article I reference above:
Of all the kinds of historical hypocrisy that is attributed to the Christian, none looms as large as the crusades. Thomas Madden, Professor of History and Director of the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies at Saint Louis University, sums up the popular conception:
“The crusades are generally portrayed as a series of holy wars against Islam led by power-mad popes and fought by religious fanatics. They are supposed to have been the epitome of self-righteousness and intolerance, a black stain on the history of the Catholic Church in particular and Western civilization in general. A breed of proto-imperialists, the Crusaders introduced Western aggression to the peaceful Middle East and then deformed the enlightened Muslim culture, leaving it in ruins.”
President Bush and Vice President Cheney join Pope Urban II in having been painted with the same broad brush of hypocrisy.
As it says in the Old Testament book of Ecclesiastes:
What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
And finally, does all this not show us that there is no appeasement to be had with this latest Islamic movement?
Don Johnson – January 2015
Has anyone in the the administration any concept of this technology applied to our southern border or what would happen had they been allowed happen in Israel?
This is very interesting
By Mordechai Ben-Menachem
Multiple media outlets report that Hamas’s offensive tunnel network – now known to have been composed of over forty attack tunnels dug underneath Israel’s border with the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip – was set to be activated during the Jewish High Holidays (September 24th) as a mass terror attack.
The attack was meant to generate as many as ten thousand casualties, men, women and particularly children and hundreds of captives. Explosives were particularly placed underneath kindergartens to make certain that these “institutions” would be the first struck, even before any thing else.
The IDF recently published the below map showing that tunnels were created in pairs, to empty out on both sides of nearby communities. The known cost of the infrastructure – each tunnel costs upward of some $1 million – clearly shows that Hamas was planning a coordinated mega-attack. It must be understood that use of even one tunnel would inevitably trigger Israeli retaliation against the entire network.
A map of a small portion of the tunnels meant to be used 9 weeks from now.
Revelations regarding the planned tunnel attack magnitude played a decisive role in the Israeli government’s rejection of a ceasefire proposed late Friday by Secretary of State John Kerry.
Unbelievably, Kerry actually proposed in his latest “cease-fire proposal” – none of which have been honored by Hamas so far – that Israel refrains from degrading remaining attack tunnels. This mind-boggling concept would necessarily be rejected by any sane government, of any country.
Israeli security sources, citing information acquired in interrogations of captured brigands, described a scenario under which hundreds of heavily armed Hamas fighters would have spilled out into Israel in the dead of night and within 10 minutes been positioned to infiltrate essentially all Israeli communities surrounding the Gaza Strip. Waiting then in hiding until schools and kindergartens were occupied, the terrorists would then attempt to kill the children first, and then kill and kidnap as many Israelis as possible. The plot was set to take place during Jewish New Year, on September 24.by Taboola
“It’s like the Underground, the Metro or the Subway,” Israeli military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner said. “These tunnels are all connected. I would describe it as Lower Gaza.”
Israeli Economy Minister Naftali Bennett said, “A whole city of terror tunnels has been found. Without the ground operation, we would have woken up one day to an Israeli 9/11.”
Except, the actual objective was to be five times 9/11.
This picture shows clearly the width of one of the tunnels, sufficient for wheeled vehicles to transverse it. Hamas did not build a “subway” system for Gaza residents. They built an infrastructure for one purpose, and one only, an industry of death.
Israeli military officials reported that the tunnels are stocked with tranquilizers, handcuffs, syringes, ropes and other materials used for subduing abductees, civilians and soldiers. The tunnels also had fantastic quantities of explosives and additional military materiel meant to be used in the up-coming mega attack. Much of these explosives had already been placed underneath Israeli kindergartens. Some of these tunnels were as deep as 30 meters underground.
Fantastic quantities of explosives were stored in every tunnel, meant to be used in a mega-attack on civilian communities and infrastructure.
Sources say the Gaza Strip war, Operation Protective Edge, could serve as a prelude for a more extensive underground war with the Iranian-sponsored Hezbollah. Perhaps, not ‘just’ in the Middle East.
The tunnels inside Gaza and under the Israeli border are not a secret project Hamas ran under the noses of Israel and the Palestinian public. Everyone in Gaza, knew that beneath Gaza, the City and all of its environs, a network of tunnels was being dug over the past five years, with an investment of tens of millions of dollars. Yet no one in Israel, public or military, was prepared for the scope of the tunnels – the danger that became clear in the past week or two.
Senior Hamas operatives show off their offensive tunnels to their spouses. Unbelievably, this is actually a picture of a Marriage taking place in the ‘place of death’.
In order to create this monstrosity, Hamas needed significant professional help; and this help had to have come from a large organization or state entity. This is not just the monetary aid it received from Qatar, America’s ally. This is professional guidance for the performance of such an underground feat. Perhaps Hamas could have used experts from the tunnels dug at Rafah under the Gaza-Egypt border, but those were significantly simpler, and did not demand any extraordinary investment or effort.
A Hamas operative climbing upward in a pier of one of the major tunnels. Notice the work on the sides of the tunnel.
Who supplied these quantities of material? Who planned what would be needed? How did Hamas acquire thousands of ampoules of tranquilizer, syringes and other, additional drugs to be used? These are far beyond the quantities and variety of what is needed by any civilian medical service.
How was all this brought in to the Gaza Strip? The logistics of this planned attack are the work of a well-organised military, not that of a militia or club. This was no amateur plan.
Observers note that attack scenarios lined up with recently revealed data about the sophistication, scope and nature of the offensive tunnel network. As previously reported here, this sophistication and know-how is being copied right now by Mexico-based Hezbollah agents along the Southern US border. Tunnels in Southern Lebanon, as in South US, are significantly more difficult to detect than those in the sandy terrain of the Gaza Strip.
“Hamas planned these tunnels for years, and planned to use them to kidnap soldiers,” Israeli military spokesman Brig. Gen. Mordechai Almoz said. “[Now] they see the tunnels collapsing one after the other.” For the last two years, the Israeli army has sought to develop skills and equipment to fight in enemy tunnels and bunkers. Hamas and Islamic Jihad have used tunnels to operate command and control, to infiltrate Israel and abduct soldiers, to fire rockets and to conceal fighters amid invasion of the Gaza Strip.
Mordechai Ben-Menachem is a former researcher/lecturer at Ben-Gurion University and an author of 30 book ranging from engineering to poetry. He is also an ordained clergyman and a former soldier.
Read more: Stories From The Battlefield: Hamas Tunnels Used To Target Israel’s Kindergartens
By Mordechai Ben-Menachem Multiple media outlets report that Hamas’s offensive tunnel network – now known to have been composed of over forty attack tunnels du…
Preview by Yahoo
As the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks on America approaches, we have found some excellent documentaries surrounding that anniversary:
A particularly good series is from the Discovery Channel titled RISING – Rebuilding Ground Zero. The series focuses for the most part on people; people designing and building the ground zero complex; people who had part in building the original towers, and are now building the new; people who lost loved ones and are now actively building a memorial to those loved ones, many who were never recovered either in part or whole.
The pride and singleness of purpose is so evident in these people, whether it be Larry Silverstein the developer of the project, iron workers working at the top of the tower, plumbers building the memorial waterfalls, concrete workers throughout the project, architects fulfilling their dreams of a lasting memorial to the past and a soaring testament to the hope of the future.
Fox News has also produced a very good documentary The Rise of Freedom.
Then there is the National Geographic documentary George W. Bush: The 9/11 Interview, a very good presentation of the remembrances of President Bush on that September day.
There are others as well, and I hope you can take some time to watch some of these and reflect on the tragedy and gain hope from the stories of rising from that day.
I am fortunate to live a short train ride from lower Manhattan, and on September 11, 2011 I intend to be there; to be New York that day; to be America that day.