In reviewing past essays, and in light of continuing and still disturbing events, I thought it timely to re post this.
In my journey years ago from Atheism to Christianity, the thing that most convinced me that the Bible was true, was its written history of the nation Israel and the Jewish people. Its general flow goes like this:
- The establishment of Israel, and the Jewish people as Gods chosen people.
- The destruction of Israel and the scattering of Jews around the world.
- The re-establishment of Israel in its ancient homeland.
- The isolation of Israel and the existential threat to its existence in the last days.
- What are the “last days?”
So let’s take the journey while letting the Bible and history speak to us about this history.
The establishment of Israel, and the Jewish people as Gods chosen people.
For you are a holy people to YHWH your God, and God has chosen you to be his treasured people from all the nations that are on…
View original post 2,587 more words