Again I return to this — one of my first essays.
Five years since I penned these thoughts and now I revisit them in the context of America 2016 … the current national and world situation both economically and politically.
Five years and I take look at these thoughts in the context of the upcoming 2016 Presidential Election … and what do I see?
Five years and I take a look at three of the candidates for the position of what until very recently was called the “leader of the free world.”
Hillary Clinton (Democrat)
Under investigation by some 150 FBI agents for massive, careless and deliberate misuse of government classified documents under her cognizance — some 1900+ email documents including some at the highest level of classification. And where were these documents? In her house.
Some of these documents could very well have caused the death of agents under the employ of the CIA in foreign countries such as Afghanistan.
So here we have a major candidate and former US Senator, former 1’st Lady and former Secretary of State — most probably being indicted for serious federal offenses — in the middle of a Presidential election.
Bernie Sanders (Socialist/Independent/Democrat)
This man appears to be a classical Marxist and wishes to take this nation down the utopian path of socialism — a path consistently resulting in national failure whenever and wherever it has been implemented — often with massively catastrophic consequences.
This man is the unabashed champion of the political school of thought that says “I will do anything, say anything, be anything” to obtain power. A man who now claims to be a Republican and a Conservative, but by his words, actions and past history could well be described simply as an opportunist of the worst kind. Trump is a man who could not be further from the ideals and behavior of the man, George Washington, who was the template for the American Presidency. Trump is a wannabe Strong Man who could very well be in the very image of other strong men of history past: Napoleon – Caesar – Hitler – Mussolini – Stalin etc. With the safeguards of the US Constitution being destroyed by such as Barack Obama, Trump is potentially the most dangerous and risky of the 2016 candidates. The problem is that until these types of people actually gain power, it is difficult to know the destruction they may cause. We can be on guard and warn of these people, but the safest course of action is to keep him off the ballot entirely.
Truly a sad state of affairs we are in with potentially much more and worse to follow.
Let me conclude with a few of my thoughts from 5 years ago:
I expect honest and integrity of my government; I am getting neither.
· I expect that my children and grandchildren, and generations beyond them, will have liberty and opportunity as I have had; and as my immigrant parents had, and generations of Americans before them.
· I expect that my generations debt to be minimal, and will not be passed on to future generations. Instead, my grandchildren will be burdened with less liberty and opportunity because other nations such as China and Japan will be controlling the purse strings, and thus the direction on the nation.
· I expect my leaders to understand, honor and preserve our nations foundational principles and our history. This American civilization has been the greatest force for good in the history of the world; by far! We have been the shining city on the hill, the hope of the nations, and a refuge for generations fleeing oppression and seeking new opportunity, and liberty. I do not expect it to become just some other country in the world community.
· I expect the freedom to try and succeed, based on our own character, ambitions and dreams — or to fail, and have the freedom to try again.
· I expect the freedom to buy and sell as the market and my pocket book allow. I do not expect wage, price or profit controls placed on me by my government.
Thanks for listening
It’s been 2+ years since I wrote I am a Tea Party Patriot– revisited, one of my oldest essays. And it’s been 4+ years since Barak Obama’s infamous statement “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.”
So where are we now as a nation? Where are we now as a culture?
This is where we are! We are in the midst of a swarm of scandals showing that Mr. Obama was serious in his statement, and now the nation, as well as he himself, is reaping the whirlwind of that proclamation and mindset.
So yes, I have reviewed my earlier remarks at I am a Tea Party Patriot– revisited, and find them pretty much on the mark; and my goodness don’t you know how I wish I had been wrong. But the stink is out of the closet and is infesting the…
View original post 33 more words