Neil deGrasse Tyson is one of the latest pretty faces of Atheistic science.
Smooth, attractive, well spoken, well educated (PhD), persuasive, great stage presence …
And a man of “cutsie“ statements like the following:
“I think of, like, the human body, and I look at what’s going on between our legs,” Tyson said. “There’s like a sewage system and entertainment complex intermingling. No engineer of any intelligence would have designed it that way.”
This is not an intelligent comment from a much educated man – or should we say a much indoctrinated man – but rather a shallow comment intended to influence and convince. In other words, it’s a statement of propaganda, and this comment shows Tyson is a master of it.
This comment is not original with Tyson, and exhibits a desire to further an ideological and religious agenda, the agenda of Atheism. The attempted veneer of science and engineering falls flat when we take a deeper look at the human body and its design. Some examples:
- Many of us have watched Olympic ice-skaters with admiration.
- Or watched those incredible one-handed catches by NFL wide receivers.
- Or stand in awe as that shortstop – second baseman – first baseman executes that perfect double play in baseball.
- Or have attended that concert where we see and hear beautiful and inspiring music written by brilliant and talented composers, played and sung by talented and well practiced musicians on instruments designed and crafted by inventive designers.
- Or have read or are reading one of those millions of books in the homes, bookstores and libraries around the world.
- Or have designed or built many of those beautiful buildings many of us have visited and spent time exploring.
- Or have taken part in the design, engineering and manufacturing of those many machines and software packages we use day-by-day in our everyday life.
- Or have produced one of those spectacular movie sagas.
- And no small matter – the human body is capable of reproducing itself, and has been doing so for as long as humans have inhabited the earth.
- … and more …
No, an honest, thoughtful and in-depth comment about the design of the human body would take a look at the total package and not set up a contrived straw man caricature of a few cherry picked parts of anatomy in an attempt to indoctrinate and propagandize.
Properly restated, Tyson’s comment would be concluded by saying “No engineer of any intelligence could have designed it that way.” Tyson is no biologist of any sort, nor is he an engineer of any sort.
What Tyson is, is a man who has stayed way too long in the indoctrinating ivory towers of academia. A man with no real-world, hands-on experience in the design, engineering and manufacture of real world things. A man who has been drinking his own bathwater for years and desires to pass that bathwater to all who will listen, especially the young and impressionable.
Don Johnson – November 2015