I recently had the pleasure of attending the 6’th annual Westminster Conference on Science and Faith held in the Philadelphia area.
Some world-class thinkers, writers and scientists spoke at this conference, and I would like to share them with you. First the speaker line up:
- “The Wonders of Creation and Its Creator” (Vern Poythress) A New Testament Professor at Westminster.
- “Evolution: Still a Theory in Crisis” (Michael Denton) – Breakout session *
- “The Importance of Creation” (Scott Oliphint)- Breakout session
- “Why Is Science Possible?” (Vern Poythress)- Breakout session
- “The Nature of Science and the Nature of Nature” (John Lennox)
- “The Mystery of the Beginning of the Universe” (John Lennox)
- “The Place of Life and Man in the Cosmos: Defending the Anthropocentric Thesis” (Michael Denton)
- “Counting to God: A Personal Journey through Science to Belief” (Douglas Ell)- Breakout session
- “The New Rise of ‘Totalitarian’ Science” (John West) – Breakout session
- “Apologetics: Principles for Presenting Your Faith” (Scott Oliphint) – Breakout session *
- “Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson’s False Narrative about Science, Past and Present” (Casey Luskin)
A few short videos (~10 minutes) may interest you: these are snippets of debates between John Lennox and Richard Dawkins – Dawkins is one of the most prominent and outspoken atheists living today.
The following are full length presentations of lectures and debates.
Dr. John Lennox
A long but very good lecture by Dr. John Lennox
A Debate: Richard Dawkins vs. John Lennox – both of Oxford. A long debate, but well worth the time
Dr. Michael Denton
Articles by Casey can be found here http://www.discovery.org/p/188
Casey is quite a prolific writer at Discovery.org, a Seattle based Intelligent Design organization. I’ve met Casey on several occasions and enjoy him very much.
At the conference I had occasion for a bit of personal times with these folks – I bummed rides with them to and from the hotel to the conference.
Don Johnson – March 2015