I invite you to take a tour around your own community and see some of the businesses that Bain Capital has invested in or acquired over the years. Go into these businesses and look around and meet some of the many thousands of people that folks like Mitt Romney has employed over the years. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_Capital
Places like: AMC Entertainment, Aspen Education Group, Brookstone, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Clear Channel Communications, Domino’s Pizza, DoubleClick, Dunkin’ Donuts, D&M Holdings, Guitar Center, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sealy, The Sports Authority, Staples, Toys “R” Us, Warner Music Group and The Weather Channel, The Obama Lemonade Stand (oh yea, I forgot, Barack never did build or run that enterprise)
Or how about some of your local civil servants, some of whom are your friends and neighbors, and perhaps yourself, who have invested in Bain Capital; such as:
* Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund ($2.2 million)
* Indiana Public Retirement System ($39.3 million)
* Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System ($177.1 million)
* The Los Angeles Fire and Police Pension System ($19.5 million)
* Maryland State Retirement and Pension System ($117.5 million)
* Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada ($20.3 million)
* State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio ($767.3 million)
* Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System ($231.5 million)
* Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island ($25 million)
* San Diego County Employees Retirement Association ($23.5 million)
* Teacher Retirement System of Texas ($122.5 million)
* Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System ($15 million)
Or how about some of these universities which have invested portions of their endowment and/or retirement funds with Bain include (some may be in your neighborhood):
Princeton University (Michelle Obama’s alma mater)
Columbia University (Barack Obama’s alma mater)
University of California
University of Michigan
University of Washington
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Sounds to me like Mr. Mitt Romney has a solid record of success that can be seen even today on a daily basis all over the country.
Sounds to me like Mr. Mitt Romney has been responsible for the employment of many thousands of people over the years.
Sounds to me like Mr. Mitt Romney has done a great deal over the years to improve the lives of many thousands of middle class Americans.
Sounds to me like Mr. Mitt Romney should be our next President.